Sunday, November 4, 2012

MUSIC THEORY: Common Key Change Method






www.creativeguitarstudio.com Search Andrew Wasson.com for FREE lesson Handouts. This Video: January 18, 2011 | Search Videos by Title/Date. GO TO: www.andrewwasson.com Andrew Wasson of Creative Guitar Studio answers a viewers question... Q: Guitar was my 1st instrument when I was a teenager, but I switched to piano and let guitar drift away for years. Then, after getting a guitar for my birthday in October last year, and finding your YouTube lessons -- I'm happily back into guitar all over again! My question is about Key Changes. Could you do a lesson on the most common way to move into a new key. I really like sound of key changes whether it's in Classical music, rock or jazz however I just can't make sense on how to do it with the songs that I write. Thanks for reading my question, hope you have time to answer! - Becca, Charleston, South Carolina A: Making a close or simple modulation is probably considered one of the most common key changes. Close modulation deals with two keys that share a majority of notes. While there is a majority of notes shared between the keys, there are still enough small differences between them to certainly establish a new tonality. One of the most popular of these types is when the IV chord of the original key is targeted as the new key center (IV becomes the new I Chord). The complete lesson article for this video will be available on the Creative Guitar Studio website shortly. Follow me on Twitter for lesson posting announcements: twitter ...
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment