Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My 1st SLQ (semi key date) & V-Nickel metal detecting






11/09/08 My finds after a 5hr metal detecting hunt. Well I am just gonna jump in and say that the place was awesome!!! My buddies and I went to a new site for the first time that used to be a large school that was open from the 1880's to the 1930's. The school was torn down and the grounds were just left to get overgrown, now it is a fores preserve. I hunt in the woods 99% of the time, but I have never hunted in a place with so many roots!!! I mean they were all over the place, like spaghetti noodles in a colander. Well I found 2 first for me, a V-Nickel (1907) and my first SLQ (1918d). But I butchered it!!! I got a nickel signal and started to dig for it, but again the roots were everywhere!!! Well I got all of the smaller roots out of the way only to come upon 2 bigger roots that formed an X over my target, well Twistidd wound up getting it out and he immediately handed me the coin. We knew it was a nickel and I started to look of any indication of a date. I was just saying "V-Nickel, V-Nickel, V-nickel... then I saw the faint head of Ms. Liberty!!! I have been looking for one of these for awhile now and I couldn't be happier!!! Then I moved around to the bottom of a small hill and got a sweet signal of silver!!! I had no idea what it was, a dime or a quarter but I kept diggin... I battled the roots to get the SLQ, I only saw the bright silver scratch that I made, so I reached my hand in to pull it out, once in my hand I started screaming in horror!!!! I didn't even ...
Video Rating: 4 / 5









Sanctuary Gold Key www.youtube.com Don't forget to rate comment and subscribe!
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment